Thursday, August 26, 2010

Functional Art

I've recently transformed my family room into a play/school/office room. I am in the need of my own space as I get ready to go "back to school". My room is decorated very functional right now with lots of cream and black. I have black and cream buffalo check curtains (that I made and LOVE) on beige (I think the color is called sand) walls and black accessories (i.e. fireplace doors, bookshelves, wall hanging and desk). I needed a little something to spruce up my wall that I stare at over my desk. Plus, I need the space to do double duty as all my other wall are taken up with school stuff for my kids. I found a brown cork board that was from my room growing up (I know it was mine b/c my name was written on the back...don't want Sa to think I stole hers! For those of you who didn't know us "back in the day" the twins shared a room growing up!) I had my kids paint it black, they loved working on this project for me. Then I pulled out my trusty hot glue gun and went to work gluing on some cute flowered fabric. Added some green ribbon and a flower clip and my desk space now how a piece of art. I haven't hung anything on it yet b/c I don't want to mess it up w/ push pins! However, I did find some cute green ones to use when I need my art to do double duty as a cork board!


No comments:

Post a Comment